Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the night I "discovered" Elissa

Last season during Spring Fashion Week, I had the pleasure of attending the Diesel Launch party where to my surprise, James Brown performed and the concert was beyond amazing! I'd never seen James Brown in person, and was truly blown away. I couldn't believe the moves on a man his age. His suit was exceptionally tailored, and was an interesting off white shade with very strong lines. I almost skipped this party, but months later, I'm glad I attended, and got a chance to witness the "Godfather of Soul" in action.

Later that evening, while on line in the restroom, I spotted a girl in front of me, wearing the loveliest shirt. I admired the quaility, the color, the cut, and wanted to know where she had purchased it. I dared to ask, and she told me she was a designer and gave me a business card. I put the card in my pocket, and googled her the next day. Her name happened to be... Elissa Coleman, a fab designer from Australia. I found some of her stuff on one of my favorite sites, Net-A-Porter, and have been addicted since.

Her clothing is very transitional, has amazing detail, and can be worn to school, work or even out for some drinks. Best part of it all? A million other girls won't be wearing your outfit...

Here are some of my Elissa picks

Pink knee length satin trimmed silk dress with embroidered trim on short sleeves. Dress has a high-cut neckline, satin trim on sleeves and down the side and press stud fastenings on sides.


Amazing detail


Biscuit silk satin knee length sleeveless dress with a square neckline and embroidery design. Dress has thick shoulder straps with embroidery, a circular embroidered design on the front, a self-tie belt at waist and a press stud fastening on the back to create a small pleat detail.




I'll take two of these


Oh, and more thing... They're on sale at Net-A-Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment