Thursday, January 25, 2007

All Hail To Thee...

John Paul Gaultier needs no introduction. He is the one. The only... So innovative, and provocative. His Couture show was sheer beauty. Upon seeing these pictures, I had a moment... a little reflection that made me realize why I adore fashion. To say that my appreciation for this couture collection runs strong would be a understatement.

Religion was an obvious muse, and imagination ran wild...

Dita Von Teese strutted down the catwalk looking fierce. There's something about Dita, which is oddly glamorous. She also has that whole 50's well put together look which I love. She has that unconventionally pretty appeal going for her. As for the whole divorce situation, I'm definitely on Team Dita. Hands down.



Erin O'Conner in one of my favorite dresses of the show.

The stained glass effect gives it that no so subtle wow factor. I wonder if this was hand painted? Or better yet, how much do you suppose one of these dresses would cost...If you could even get the house of Gaultier to make one of these custom creations for you? Probably the same amount the average American pays for a house. Seriously.

Guisela Rhein makes an appearance in a voluminous canvas of fashion perfection. Looks like ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Very fresco'ish which I love. DaVinci would be proud.


One of my favorites... Marc Jacob's muse and "it" bag namesake, Ms. Jessica Stam. Always so full of grace.


I could picture La Lohan or Madonna trying to get their little claws on this, but the dress is so precious, I'd rather they stayed away.


Overall, a strong showing. Long live Gaultier.

Que viva!

No comments:

Post a Comment