Sunday, April 22, 2007

So tell us how you really feel


The things that come out of Lily Allen's mouth never fail to amuse me. Here are some excerpts from Lily's interview with the UK Times Online.

Lily Allen on:
Getting Gucci's new "it" bag the Indy (free swag):
“It’s soooo Sarah Harding”, referring to the brash, blonde Girls Aloud member, before delivering her final, damning verdict: “It’s f***ing vile.”

On her "fashion icon" status:
“It makes me laugh, I don’t take it in. I’m in denial about it. I don’t know if I believe it.

I’m a very self-deprecating person. I am still convinced that everyone hates me. I still feel like I am 15 years old in school, desperately trying to fight for everyone to like me. Even though I’ve sold 1m records and had a No 1 single, I still feel pretty pathetic...I definitely don’t think of myself as any trendsetting, cool person.”

On her front row status at all the Paris shows:
“The reason I went to the shows was to get the free stuff. I went to the YSL show, and they did that thing of saying, 'Come to the shop and choose what you want'."

On not being the celebrity thin ideal:
“I’m 21 years old, I’m a pretty normal weight — leave me the f*** alone.”

Read about her upcoming fashion line, and the rest of the interview here.

Sure she curses like a sailor, but don't you just love a girl that can rock a pair of trainers with couture?



No comments:

Post a Comment