Monday, April 9, 2007

Recycled art

Fashion is art and art is life, but does life imitate art or does art imitate life? Here are some examples of high fashion channeling high art. .



"Midsummer Eve" Edward Huges
Lily Cole

The similarities in this one are uncanny. Lily has the face of a porcelain doll, and often looks like something straight out of an art history book. She has that unconventional timeless beauty that trancends. I wonder if the casting agent or designers had this in mind when they casted her in this show...

"Female Head" Leonardo da Vinci
Daria Webworvy

Did Daria have a past life? If she did, I'm assuming that she was da Vinci's muse.

"Mona Lisa" Leonardo da Vinci


Irina LazareanuOh Irina. A while ago, I promised myself that I will move on. That I will cover "fresh" faces, and not continue raving about you...but I can't. Your look haunts me. Yes I love your Kate Moss for Top Shop campaign, and I believe that you are indeed one of the few models whose career will last. So I guess I'll let myself slide this one posting in this lovely little blog of mine.

Mona Lisa's smile's got some serious competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment