Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where Have You Been? Cindy Crawford

SURE we love the "supermodels" of today, but we have to take a second to ponder on the whereabouts of those who came before them. Where has Cindy Crawford been hiding?

Making money that's where. Lots and lots of money... Cindy Crawford has been making millions on 6 groups of affordable furniture lines,Stratus, Jeans, Malibu, Savannah, Giano and Villa D'Este.

Since 2005, Cindy has been raking in the dough with over $100 MILLION in sales a year, making Kate Moss's for Top Shop earning look like peanuts. It may not the most glamorous job in the world, but Cindy is doing what many models can't... finding success even after the limelight fades.



Cindy on her furniture line's affordable price range: "In fashion, maybe 1 percent of the population can afford an expensive Hermes scarf, but everyone, regardless of their budget, should be able to buy a stylish, well-made scarf. It's the same way with home furnishings. I've always related to the masses, whether it's with my Revlon ads or Pepsi commercials. My mother's house in Illinois and sister's house in Colorado are filled with my furniture. I have pieces of it in my home. I'm not into super exclusivity."

Well hell, I wouldn't be either if I made this much selling sofas, besides, everyone knows... selling merch to the "masses" is where the real money is at and Cindy's been cashing in. Maybe thats her secret to looking so damn good at 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment