Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Go Ask Alice

ALICE Burdeu, 19 was crowned Australia's Next Top Model, but not without being given a heavy dose of controversy. It seems that there is such a thing as being too skinny, and apparently this is it...

"Alice has a mere 58kg on her willowy 185cm frame, Burdeu has a BMI of 15.3. The World Health Organisation considers 18 to be healthy." But Alice insists that she doesn't have an eating disorder and is horrified at the accusations and states that she's just naturally this thin.

And for some reason, I believe her, she's another member of the "winning the genetic lottery club".

Alice isn't the only "naturally thin" model remember THIS Irina Lazareanu comment on her weight?



Alice on being thin: "People can think what they want but I'm happy with the way I am," she said. My family and friends know that I don't have a problem – if anything I eat too much chocolate."

Alice may be skinny, but I've got another bone to pick with her (no pun intended). I don't think these pictures equal "Top Model". Judging by the last two photos, she looks a little stiff. Hopefully she'll gain some confidence now that she's won. Snejana's got some competition.

UPDATE: If you missed the show, and want to watch the whole season, hit up Fashion Vids for the video hook up, the ultimate site for all fashion related videos. Sorta like a youtube for fashion fiends...


Jodhi Meares, do you read my blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment