Monday, June 4, 2007

Diversity Is Chic


IMAGINE the bestest, greatest, amazinest, editorial you've ever seen in your long legged life. Gemma Ward and her equally beautiful evil twin Sasha Pivovarvora. Wouldn't THAT be total hotness? Well sorry to burst your little hearts, but it isn't happening, although if I were the editor of Vogue, it would be. Then again... if I were the editor of Vogue, I wouldn't wear fur, but that's another story, and my add is about to kick in right now, so I won't go off on that tangent and start pointing fingers at Anna Wintour certain people who continue to rock fur. The horror!

But back to the news at hand... Gemma Ward will grace the cover of Vogue India's first issue this September. Congrats Gemma. I heart you.

Now... excuse me for playing devils advocate, but Gemma Ward for the very first cover? of Vogue INDIA?!? why not a model of color? An Indian model? Surely there are many? Some? One?

It is Vogue INDIA after all. Bollywood actress and former Miss. World Aishwarya Rai would have been great for the cover. Aishwarya is a major (HUGE) star in India, and has often been called one of the most beautiful women in the world who has even had a world wide Loreal Campaign.



Gemma Ward does bring a lot to the table, and is talented indeed (I heart her, remember?) but why not offer this prestige to a model who is actually of Indian descent?

What is going on here? when did diversity become passe? What do you darlings think? Anyone from India want to throw their two cents?

Also, how do you say Please Don't Feed The Models in Hindi?


Nicholas Coleridg, do you read my blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment