Saturday, March 17, 2007

View from the fourth row.


Stop whatever it is that you're doing right now.
You. MUST. Read. View From The Fourth Row.
View From The Fourth Row is my new daily obsession, or as one of my coworkers would call it, It's the new crack. It's written anonymously by a New York fashion editor (NYC Fashionista) who dishes the best dirt I've read in ages. I'm about to get you hooked!

NYC Fashionista On Anna Wintour:
"If I wanted to talk about Anna, I could probably go on for.....two minutes. Quite honestly, I find her to be a bore. Along with the rest of the plain, bland,wonderbread VOGUE-ettes . Maybe a shake up IS needed there. Has anyone ever taken a look at the staff? It's easy: they're all sitting front row even if they're a sittings assistant. But talk about B-O-R-I-N-G!... Has anyone noticed that Anna has the worst shoe taste? I mean, I'm all over a good pair of Manolos but pointy toed suede boots? Pointy toe, granny style pumps? It's not even classic taste, it's just classically bad in taste. Honestly I have to stop. It really makes me scratch my head to think that she is the symbol of women's high fashion. She never changes. How can she edit a magazine that documents growth and change and freshness in fashion when she doesn't budge from her bob, pointy Manolos and sweater sets and a-line skirts? I'm not asking her to pull a Glenda but she could, really, just alter her wardrobe a tad from season to season, don't you think?"


On Editors who sell their swag (free shit) on eBay: "Who needs year-end bonuses when you can earn a bonus on your salary on eBay sales every month? Of course I'm talking about those editors who sell stuff they consider "swag" or items they couldn't resist at a sample sale, not those who actually pilfered from the fashion closet and called it their own.
The other day I heard about this one editor who had sold nearly $5000 in items on eBay at Christmas time. That's like a 10% bonus for someone making the median salary of an associate to mid-range editor. That's like aroundtrip ticket for two to Aspen, 3 nights at the Little Nell and lift tickets for two days!"
Seriously folks, it only gets better...

NYC Fashionista dishes it with raw candor and I fuckin love her for it.

Meet YOUR new daily obsession

View From The Fourth Row.

No comments:

Post a Comment