Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Impressionism Remix




LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE Rihanna brightens it up in a Luella number for this month's Paper Magazine, photographed by Jessica Craig-Martin. Think what you will about her music, but talent aside (we are a fashion blog after all) her style isn't too shabby for this 19 year old Cover Girl. Rihanna has come full circle, and her fashion pallet has definitely evolved. Don't you think for a second that I haven't noticed... See what a little Luella and Posen (and a good stylist) can do for a woman?!

"Rihanna also decided she wanted to go in a different direction with her fashion sense. After trying out a couple of new stylists ("The old stylist from the first album didn't get that we wanted to upgrade the image -- the new Rihanna," she explains), she found Mariel Haenn, who understood her vision. Names like Zac Posen, Roberto Cavalli and Christian Dior have become a part of her style vocabulary, and for her new release and revamped "glam rock" image, Rihanna is looking to the rock 'n' roll infused designs of Dolce & Gabbana. "[They] are on point with the new image. I hate when stuff is too high fashion. I like when stuff suits me, my personality, my age," she says. " Now I have the right team that can express how I like to dress."

Moving along, here's what I was reminded of when I saw these photos...

Claude Monet's Water Lilies.



No comments:

Post a Comment