Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Blogging About Bloggers


I'M baaaaack! This Memorial Day weekend was really (really) low key and sadly, I didn't do much other than being stuck in bed with the flu. Just when I welcomed the summer season, and wanted to resurrect some of my favorite pieces, the flu kicked in. I'm still feeling a bit under weather, but alas, here I am, or as we say in Spanish, aqui estoy.

I had the chance to read some of my favorite blogs on my bloggeratti list and browse the web for inspiration without having my boss giving me the death stare.

I just read a press release from the British t-shirt brand Queen of Suburbia saying how bloggeratti hype forced them to launch early in the U.S. Oh really? Apparently many are starting to take notice and believe fashion blogs aren't so trivial after all. So tell me, do you darlings get your fashion inspiration and news from blogs? magazines? or both?

Here's a little excerpt from the press release:

Demand stirred
up by fashion's blogging community has inspired the English Fashion House to
bring their t-shirt range featuring slogans like Idol Gossip, Flattery Operated,
Over the Hilton and Shoes Life to US shores much earlier than they expected to.

"It's totally messed up our business plans," laughed Queen of Suburbia's
Marketing Director Mark Errington. "Previously, we were like this
little secret that only a few select American bloggers knew about. They were championing our
cause and creating this groundswell of demand, US expansion wasn't in our plans
for another 12 months at least, but in the end we had to satisfy it.



One of their t-shirts mocking the 80's Infamous CHOOSE LIFE t-shirt is, cheeky indeed, (and only $22.99) but did they hype bloggers simply because they want bloggers to blog about them? I personally have never really read about them on many blogs, but they did note two blogs (which I read) as influencers: The Budget Fashionista and Just My Cup Of Tea.

TBF really doesn't strike me as fashion forward type of blog, but it does offer wonderful shopping advice for the budget conscious. JMCOT is great because it has that written by your friend feel that makes you take her advice to heart.

Either way, this press release really got me wondering. Are we (bloggers and readers) the new influencers? Vogue out! Bloggeratti in?!?

For those of you who made requests, your wishes are my command. A promise is a promise, and I shall blog about every single request this week (yes, even Christian Bale). Oh how I love you bitches!



Fraser Conlon, do you read my blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment