Tuesday, December 22, 2009

::SIZE MATTER

::A FRIEND of mine asked me if I heard about the "size" issue for V Magazine. I hadn't, so imagine my excitement as I went straight to the V Magazine site, hoping for a glimpse of the editorial! It's no secret that diversity lacks in this industry in every capacity, so I was really looking forward to seeing an editorial that pushed the envelope- and hopefully done tastefully.

After a quick search, I came across this editorial for the upcoming January 2010 issue. The editorial was shot by Terry Richardson and styled by Mel Ottenberg.

The editorial places the two models side by side, in a juxtaposition that implies that fashion can work on anyone... I applaud the "size issue" (although this model doesn't seems to be average - not PLUS sized) but diversity inclusion needs to happen all the time- not just a one issue occurrence. Same goes for Vogue Italia's infamous "Black" models issue. Needless to say, I was left a bit disappointed.

Diversity is chic EVERY SEASON, and I really hope this issue continues to open the doors of discourse on diversity within the fashion community.



::FACE OFF:: Jacquelyn Jablonski (left) and Crystal Renn (right)






Most importantly what do you think?!


::Check out the full editorial @ V Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment