Sunday, November 19, 2006

Outlaw Fashionista



Pay back is a bitch, but in one young models world, pay back is an amazing avant guard portfolio, full with pictures which rival art.

Meet Elle Muliarchyk. If you don't know her...you should. Pay attention to my new unsung hero, and relish in the raw assertiveness in which she takes modeling into her own hands. Unable to score a contract, Elle began sneaking into some of the world's top fitting rooms (Cavalli, Bottega...) and began taking photos of herself.

"I came to NYC to become a supermodel :) I enjoyed every second of it until I realized that even though modeling opens the doors for me to a gigantic world it didn't allow me to express my own creativity and sense for beauty. It was so frustrating that I had to be a perfect mannequin, never complain about the choice of clothes or make-up but never suggest or advice anything of my own, since it would be unprofessional.

But I found my own revenge on this situation, and a way to let out the frustration, a painfully obsessive hobby. I started sneaking into the most exclusive posh designers; boutiques all over the world and taking pictures of myself wearing the most expensive dresses. I transform the dressing room into a studio or a movie with wth the equipment and props that I carry in my bag. It is a scary project that keeps my heart racing to the edge of a hear-attack, because I often get discovered, kicked out or arrested. Even though I really try NOT to get caught! "


Read more about the outlaw fashionista here.

No comments:

Post a Comment