Thursday, September 28, 2006

Awesomely Ugly!!!

Ugly Betty premiered tonight and I...





Loved it! Yes, I loved it (is that okay with you?) I loved it because honestly, who doesn't love an underdog in a poncho? I loved the bitchiness, and watching the fashionista sharks whoring their way to the top. In case you missed it Ugly Betty is the story of a (not so attractive) yet kindred spirit from Queens, who starts out as an assistant to the Editor in Chief, (Daniel) at "Mode" magazine (I have a feeling this is supposed to be Vogue). Daniel doesn't like Betty from the start, and makes it his business to get rid of her...

Betty being the Latin woman that she is, doesn't give in, and the show is surprisingly hysterical!! I haven't been this excited over a new show in a while, and those other fashion themed shows (fashion house anyone?) just put me to sleep. This show is a must watch. The Spanish version has a spin off, and I can definitely see the English version heading that route.

It's about time the powers that be at the major networks start portraying latinoids in mainstream roles, and realize their potential within the media! Yay Salma Hayek for producing this, and breaking up the monotonous TV line up.



Loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment