Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shock Factor



::I'M NOT a fashion elitist. Although I love high end, I'm just as easily (possibly even a bit more) enamored by vintage finds, and cheap chic. I'm the kind of fashion fiend whose hangers are garnished by H&M, Cavalli, Givenchy, 2 Dollar t-shirts, and clothes lingering from my high school days without prejudice.

One of the stores that I rarely ever go into however has always been J. Crew. I don’t know why I’ve given J. Crew the cold cold shoulder, but prep button downs with pink whales have never quite been my cup of green tea.

Imagine my surprise when I came across the Berry-trim Astrid jacket as I walked by the J. Crew at the Grove in L.A, I took a glance inside, and it was love at first sight.


The detailing, the cut, the everything! This jacket was so couture looking- and feeling! I immediately tried it on, and fell in love. I’m officially excited for fall!

This dramatic little jacket has a crisply tailored silhouette and a lot of flair. The fabric is a very refined, midweight wool double-cloth from a 112-year-old Japanese mill. The distinctive appliqué trim features silk ruffles and meticulously crafted, stuffed cotton "berries." Classic fit. Bracelet sleeves. Covered hook-and-eye closure. Interior contrast piping. Fully lined. Hits at high hip. Import. Dry clean.
This jacket may look couture, but is very reasonably off the rack priced at $248.00, great for these upcoming in between weather months. Dressed up, or down, this jacket works (overtime) on many levels- and it comes in Plum (as shown) Bright Blue, or Heather Charcoal.



They unfortunately didn’t have my size in-store in the Heather Charcoal, but luckily for me, it’s also available online… so as much as I adore you darlings, I’m going to keep this post short-I’ve got a jacket to order! Get one for yourself as well at J. Crew.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment